USB to Serial (9-pin) DB-9 RS-232 Adapter Cable
Product No: 18357
Availability: 100 In Stock
(Prolific chipset) SBT-USC1M / CBL-USB-CS1B
The Prolific chipset is a notch above some of the cheaper Chinese you will find for sale.
The Prolific chipset is compatible with more devices and goes through more quality testing.
When you buy this cable adapter, you know you will be receiving a high quality product!
Buy yours today!
This USB to Serial Adapter provides GPS Satellite Receivers, PDAs, digital cameras, modems, Specifications :
and ISDN terminal adapters with high quality serial connections at a data transfer rate of
over 500 Kbps. This makes the USB interface transparent to serial peripherals, allowing them
to easily interface with USB computers. This eliminates the setup hassle found with
traditional serial port connections.
- Converts a standard 9-pin serial port to USB
- COM ports are dynamically adjustable from COM1 to COM255.
- UART / FIFO can be turned on and off dynamically
- Complies with USB Specification v1.1(0) & USB CDC v1.1
- Full Compliance with USB specification v1.1
- Supports the RS 232 Serial interface (standard 9-pin serial)
- Supports automatic handshake mode
- USB full speed communication and Bus Powered
- Single Cable USB to Serial communication
- Supports up to 1 Mbps data transfer rate
- Supports Automatic handshake mode
- Supports Remote wakeup and power management
- 1 Ft. Length
- Provides a 96 byte buffer for each upstream and downstream data transfer
For PC Users
For MAC Users
- Windows® 95/98/98SE, 2000, ME, XP, and Vista (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Available USB port
- Mac G3
- Mac OS 8.6 or Higher
- Mac OS 10.x (OS X)
- Available USB port
Retail Package Content :
- USB to serial adapter cable
- Installation & Drivers on CD
Screenshots from a successful Windows 2000 installation:
Contents of CD Driver. Your driver files are inside the USB TO SERIAL CABLE V1.1 folder.
If your installation was successful, you will see a new child item under the Ports parent branch with the title "Prolific USB-to-Serial Bridge (COM4)."
Here you can adjust your Port Settings. Increase the Bits per second if you want faster data communication between your device and computer.
From the previous screenshot, click on the Advanced button if you want to adjust the COM Port Number in real-time. COM Port can be adjusted from COM1 to COM255 assuming the COM port is not already in use (e.g. COM1 or COM3).
As of Feb 2006, the Prolific driver version is 184.108.40.206.
You can also read a review about this here: http://tekgems.com/blog/2007/01/usb-to-serial-adapter-for-gps-and.html