VIA VT6421A IDE & SATA RAID PCI Controller Card
New, Retail Box.
- VIA VT6421A chipset
- PCI interface
- 33 MHz operation
- Supports PCI 2x mode
- Complies with PCI Local Bus Specification Rev 2.2
- Supports external flash for BIOS expansion and Raid
- Supports RAID Level 0/RAID Level 1/JBOD
- Serial ATA Specification Renv 1.1 compliant
- Supports intenal PHY
- Dual channel master mode supports up to two SATA
- Up to 150 Mbps maximum transmission rate for SATA
- UDMA/133 IDE interface
- Single channel mode disk controller supports two IDE
- Supports ATA PIO mode 4 , DMA-mode 2 drives, & UDMA-mode 6
- One (1) UDMA/133 internal IDE connector
- Two (2) SATA connectors (two internal).
- Compatible with Windows
Retail Package Includes
- VIA VT6421A Serial ATA RAID PCI Controller Card
- Software CD
- One (1) SATA cable (L to L)
* Microsoft Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003 Server
* Windows Vista 32-bit and Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit (sometimes require download from viaarena web site).
* Available PCI slot
* CD-ROM drive
VIA v5.80g drivers (from 19 Nov 2009): VIA Arena VT6421A drivers (works with OS mentioned above, as well as Vista 32-bit and 64-bit) - Yes, download driver includes software that works with Windows Vista 32-bit and Vista 64-bit.
What is the difference between the VT6421A and VT6421L chipset? The VT6421L card can flash the Samsung drive and "bad-flash" an MS28 without soldering.
If you want the VT6421L chipset instead, we sell the VT6421L chipset PCI card separetely.
The VT6421L has been out of production since Dec 2006. If you find a retailer selling a "VT6421L" please verify as it is most likely VT6421A chipset.