Product No: 47122
Availability: 53 In Stock
Category: Games & Entertainment - Games - Strategy
Unit Weight: 0.45 lbs.
Packaging: Dvd Style Box
Operating System: Windows Xp/Vista
Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising is the first standalone PC expansion to the real-time strategy (RTS) Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War II franchise. Continuing the story of the Space Marines battle against a variety of factions across several planets, in Chaos Rising players must also stand against the dreaded Chaos Space Marines. The game does not require the earlier Dawn of War II game for play, and includes 15 new missions, new units and corruption mechanic, the Chaos Space Marine faction and excellent online multiplayer options.
Your Blood Raven Space Marines have saved the sector, but can they save themselves? In Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising, the sequel to the acclaimed Dawn of War II RTS franchise, you return to sub sector Aurelia where a long lost frozen ice planet has reappeared from the Warp, bringing with it new secrets to uncover and foes to face. Here you must take command of the Blood Ravens and defend the sector against the forces of the Black Legion. Purge the chaos filth and hold the chapter together as traitorous forces work from within to try bring down the Blood Ravens.
New Missions, Units, Multiplayer Race and Corruption Mechanic
Dawn of War II struck a new chord in the RTS genre with its focus on specific unit based strategy with limited reinforcement options and limited RPG elements, as opposed to the generally repetitive RTS tactic of resource gathering-base building-and swarming maneuvers. The Chaos Rising expansion to the franchise follows suit with 15 new single player missions centered on the players' strategic choice of units; upping the ante further by including new units for each of the returning in-game races and even introducing a new race, the traitorous Chaos Space Marines, who are a playable faction in online multiplayer action. In addition, players must navigate a new corruption mechanic built into in single player campaign, which consists of access to new and dangerous destructive powers. Designed to allow for variation in completing mission objectives, these powers also carry the possibility of drawing units closer to the influence of Chaos, which affects both the mission possibilities as the game progresses and the overall outcome of the game.
Key Game Features
- New Single Player Missions û Continue your fight against the enemies of the Emperor and use your squadsÆ wargear, abilities, and experience to battle Chaos in 15 new missions.
- New Environment and Multiplayer Maps û New ice planet graphics set increases visual diversity and adds 7 new multiplayer maps. Six-player multiplayer support available online.
- Aspire to Glory û Build your existing squads up to level 30 and unlock even more devastating abilities.
- Chaos Corruption Mechanic û New single player mechanic allows you to equip incredibly powerful equipment that corrupts your squad and will guide the story towards or away from the corrupting influence of Chaos.
- New Multiplayer Faction û Swear loyalty to the Chaos Gods and play as the bloodthirsty Chaos Space Marines in multiplayer battles against both Chaos Rising and Dawn of War II owners.
- New Units û New units for the Space Marines, Ork, Eldar, and Tyranid armies.
- 2 New Last Stand Heroes û Face off against the relentless horde as either the Chaos Sorcerer or Tyranid Hive Tyrant.
- Operating System: Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista SP1
- Processor: P4 3.2 GHz (single core) or any Dual Core processor - Recommended: AMD Athlon 64x2 4400+ or any Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 1.5GB 2+GB
- Disc Drive: DVD-ROM drive
- Hard Drive: 5.5GB or more
- Video Card: 128MB Video Card (Shader Model 3) - Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT / ATI X1600, or equivalent - Recommended: 256MB Video Card (Shader Model 3) - Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT/ ATI X1900, or equivalent
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c or 10 compatible
- Input Device: Mouse and keyboard
- Other: Internet connection required for online Games for Windows LIVE play
Previous: Company Of Heroes: Game Of The Year Ed.
Next: Cobra Digital 5 Megapixel digital camcorder and media player- 1.8